torsdag 9 april 2015

My Internship in Fuerteventura!

Fuerteventura
Stop in Gran Canaria
So now i decided to make a blog about my experience of my internship in fuerteventura, an island in canary islands.. I'm usually not an active blogger but since i know it would be nice to read about an experience before you do your internship i decided to make it a try..
I am a 22 year old girl from Finland, studying tourism in Turku and partly living in Vaasa since i have my family and boyfriend there. In the end of February i found out that i would have the opportunity to do my final practical training in Fuerteventura and since i had no idea of what else i could do, i took the opportunity.  So one week later after my class trip to Poland in march, I booked my flight and now, here I am, in the northern city Corralejo in Fuerteventura. 
Corralejo harbour
It was hard to find a straight flight from Finland to this island but i finally found a cheap one with not so many waiting hours.. So i first had to fly to Oslo, Norway, then i flied to las palmas, Gran Canaria and waited there for 5-6 hours until i took the flight to fuerteventura.. The only thing that i can complain about is that every airport has free WiFi only for 30 min, after 30 min you have to pay with your credit card.. well anyway, around 21.00 I got to Puerto del Rosario and a local driver picked me up at the airport and drove me to Corralejo in the north. When i was in Finland I didn't even know where I was gonna live, I only knew that I was gonna share an apartment with some girls and that my workplace was in Puerto del Rosario. Well I arrived in Corralejo and he took me to this big apartment with 4 bedrooms, 2 toilets, kitchen and living room where 2 girls from Education & Mobility was waiting for me. The best thing in the apartment was the roof terrace,  which was as big as the entire apartment downstairs and had a grill, table, chairs etc.. I was a little bit scared and felt lonely when I went to sleep but somehow I fell asleep immediately I lied down..
 
Corralejo

The next day I had a meeting at the office of education and mobility, and I met these girls who met me in the apartment the day before. They were very kind and answered all my questions. Later on that day I went to the beach and ate smoked salmon at the reef club, it tasted nice but was quite expensive... I sat in the sun for around 4 hours and just watched the sea, the people and I really loved it. I also went to get my Spanish number to Vodafone, 60 min free call to some international country and 1 GB internet was 15€.. This is the holiday connection and I heard that there is some better one that will work better since I swill stay so long here.. In the evening that day Milla came from Finland and moved in to the apartment and we became really good friends, it's like we have known each other from before. 
Corralejo harbour
The next day after I noticed I got very burnt on my shoulders from the first day, they were totally red! So i bought Aloe Vera lotion to put on and was hoping it will get better. And the rest of the week we celebrated Easter and more people moved in to the apartment and it ended with that we were 9 and they told us 4 more is coming.. So I decided to switch apartment and the new one is a lot better for me, since it's more outside the city and its so close to the sea.. We even have a pool in our yard even though the water is like ice cold there it's nice.. And we are only 4 people living here so it's really the best place for me now..
Corralejo
I have already had days I felt homesick but if I contact all my loved ones at home every day then it helps a lot.. ❤ I can't still believe I will stay here for 2 months.. I know it will pass fast but for now it feels like forever and i'm afraid it's too short time for me to really enjoy myself..
Chillin at the beach
I have always been dreaming about moving abroad to work and this is now the greatest opportunity for me to see if it's really my thing. And so far so good!
On Saturday I went with 5 friends to Puerto del Rosario for the first time. It was so hot this day but it was nice to see a little bit different than Corralejo, and this city was pretty nice. We went to their biggest shopping center and walked around for hours, ate Chinese buffet and one friend bought her new phone.  
My view from the bus on my way to work
Monday 6.4 was my first day at my work place in Puerto del Rosario. I went with the bus from Corralejo and at 9 in the morning I met my boss Mayte at the bus station in Rosario. We went for coffee and breakfast and we went to buy dictionary to a bookstore and also some office equipment. After this we went to the office and started work, my task was to find different clients for Ecoisla that might start to cooperate with them. When I have found enough clients we will send a mass email to them and then we will hopefully get some new clients. I have also translated the email from Spanish to English, which was a little bit difficult but hopefully it's OK for now.
Our backyard
WELL, I think I have written enough in one blog post for today, but since I haven't been writing anything for 1 week I decided to write everything in one. :)

Skating with Zana
Corralejo in the morning
Hasta Luego!! :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar