måndag 27 april 2015

My internship in Fuerteventura!

This last week

Sorry I haven't had time to update anything here since I've been so busy this last week, been renting a car and surfboards and we have no internet in our apartment yet so i'ts hard to update on my free time.


Feaga 2015


So Friday two weeks ago, I went with my boss to this fair in Antigua (the middle of the island) and helped her out with some stand where she was gonna present Ecoisla. Feaga is a fair of agriculture, animal husbandry and fishing of Fuerteventura. Feaga is the largest fair in the primary sector of the Canaries. Live horse race, Auction of animals, exhibition of hound dogs, national contest of goat milk cheese, craft market of the Biosphere and local products is some of the things you can find here. I was walking around the fair a couple of times and it was very interesting, most i liked the donkeys, they are so cute with their big ears! And we also went to wine and cheese tasting, where i found an awesome mojo sauce which tasted fantastic..
 Mojo sauce is originally from Canarian cuisine and there is Red Mojo and Green Mojo. Red Mojo is made from small red peppers from La Palma and paprika, and is usually eaten with meat. Green Mojo is made of green spices and is usually eaten with fish. I LOVE IT and i will bring home my luggage full of mojo sauce bottles i think ;) 
 Anyway, it was a very interesting fair and if you ever get a chance to go there, you should! 


Surfing


Same Friday as Feaga me and 3 of my friends went to rent a car and surf boards for one week. We got really into the surfing now so we decided at least one full weekend we will surf :D So the whole saturday we were in El cotillo, and the conditions were pretty good. We also tried som yoga at the beach after surfing and it was soo relaxing..  At least I got myself a nice tan because I was totally red in the evening when we went for my previous room mates birthday party.. 



Ecoisla Fuerteventura

I haven't yet said anything about my work place. It's name is Ecoisla Fuerteventura and is a tour company in Puerto del Rosario. They produce trekking excursions, bird watching excursions etc.. My main duty is to translate their programs from Spanish to English, which is a bit hard since I'm not so good in Spanish. But with help from google translate and a dictionary it works out somehow. After I have translated their programs I also make flyers for them in Photoshop/Word and so far my boss has been satisfied with my work. I really like the way the company thinks, their idea of taking care of the nature and local people while trying to give Fuerteventura's best sights and activities to the customers. And I'm waiting anxiously for their website to publish! 
 Here is a link to their Facebook page if you are interested: Ecoisla Fuerteventura FB
And here is some examples of the flyers i have made.




Last Monday we also started our Spanish course, so hopefully we will learn something from it! :D

Hasta Luego ;)






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar